January 1, 2015 | Location: A Fresh Start
2014 has been an incredible year - AC began her photography career, B got engaged and Art of Style was born! We have grown immensely this year. We have learned that to create a life we love, we have to work hard and go for the things we want. Despite improvement, there is always room for growth and betterment. Below are some of our resolutions for the new year. Here's to making 2015 the best yet:
- Thou shalt not self-doubt. Be okay with executing new ideas, without doubting ourselves. (Pertaining to blogging and our careers). Live the saying: "To live a creative life, we must lose the fear of being wrong." -Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Thou shalt build patience. Good work takes time.
- Thou shalt grow spiritually. Take time to quiet the mind, meditate and stay balanced.
- Thou shalt self-discipline. Discipline ourselves to create everyday, without fear of failure or others' opinions. Keep growing! Another quote we love: "The discipline of creation, be it to paint, compose, write, is an effort towards wholeness" -Madeleine L'Engle
- Thou shalt be more giving. Take time to give our time to others, rather than getting caught up in our own thoughts and busy schedules. Find a way to help others on a consistent basis.
- Thou shalt forgive thyselves. Stop holding onto things in the past that we regret. People make mistakes - learn from them and move on.
- Thou shalt relax. Find ways to unwind on a regular basis. Whether it be a bubble bath or a Netflix marathon - many of life's greatest pleasures are found in these idle moments.
- Thou shalt simplify. Out with the old, in with the new.
Brianna & Anna Claire
Image by Urban Outfitters