10 Things To Do in Atlanta This Christmas Season
There isn't much more exciting than a good southern snow. Seeing our house covered in fresh powder (above) this past weekend took my already unusually high Christmas spirit to the next level. Both my husband and I absolutely love the Christmas season and always try to do as many Christmas related activities as we can squeeze into the month of December. The list below, in no particular order, compiles some of our favorite things to do during the holidays:
1. Take a drive through the Lights of LIFE.
3. Head to your local Chick-fil-A during 104.7 The Fish's Christmas Wish live broadcast to look through the Fish Christmas Wish List and select a wish for you and your family to grant.
4. Check out Christmas at Callanwolde - designer show house + Christmas village.
5. Queue up your favorite Christmas playlist and pile into the car with your holiday drink of choice for some prime Christmas light viewing in your very own neighborhood.
6. Turn back time at Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church and immerse yourself in the night Christ was born. Wander through the streets of Bethlehem and see what it may have been like for Mary and Joseph on that fateful night. (Event takes place this Wednesday, 12/13)
7. Stay in on a cold night and watch a classic Christmas film. It isn't Christmas at our house without watching 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
8. Attend a candlelight service at your church on Christmas Eve and focus on the true meaning of the season. If you don't have a church, check the website of nearby churches to see when their services take place - first time visitors are always welcomed with open arms!
10. Go to a Christmas musical. I've been to Sounds of Christmas at Mt. Paran Church twice now and it is amazing. Their last performance was this past weekend, but I have also heard great things about Christmas on Clairemont at First Baptist Church of Decatur. (Event takes place this Sunday, 12/18)
Wishing you & yours the merriest Christmas season yet!