Baby Shower Style + Third Trimester Styling Tips
Just like that, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and things have really popped! I cannot get over how fast time has flown by during my pregnancy. In just (hopefully) 9 short weeks, we will be welcoming our baby girl to the world and becoming a family of three. We had our first baby shower yesterday and it could not have been more fun. I was able to spend some quality time with numerous family members and friends that I haven't seen in a while and it left me feeling happy and excited for things to come. Our little girl, Linley, is already getting spoiled. All of the clothing and baby gear we received was wonderful, but I am most grateful to know that there are many other people that love her and will be there to support her and help her grow up.
Shopping for something to wear to my baby showers has been a little difficult, but thankfully I have found a few dresses that fit well and are flattering. During the process of searching for the perfect dresses for the events (I have three total), I've learned a few styling tips that should be useful throughout the rest of my third trimester:
T H I R D T R I M E S T E R S T Y L I N G T I P S
- Keep things monochromatic.
- Monochromatic dressing is great during pregnancy since wearing one color tends to elongate your silhouette, yet still allows you to show off your bump.
- Form fitting is better.
- I have discovered that wearing form fitting clothing is more flattering to my new, growing accessory than wearing looser items. Oversized sweaters may be more appealing, but tend to make me look much bigger than I actually am. (don't worry, still living in them at home!)
- Don't feel limited to shop ONLY maternity clothing.
- Although there are many stylish maternity clothes to choose from, you definitely shouldn't feel limited to wearing only maternity clothing. As long as you can find items in materials that give and without seams that will restrict your bump, they should fit just fine. Depending on the style, it may be good to size up. Recently, I've ordered two sizes of the same item to ensure one of them fits correctly.
Shop my shower style below > >